Procedures for Boat Use by Members
Member Sailing Days
Members can check out LYC Butterflies and FJs on Saturday mornings and Sunday all day. Member sail is free. You must call or stop by to make an appointment prior to Friday at 4pm. Staff will be at the Yacht Club to help you rig your boat and answering your questions.
Adult Sailing Class is an opportunity for adults of all ages to get out on the water in one of our butterflies with some help from our Sailing Instructors. No experience is required. However, if you know how to sail you're welcome to come and take out a boat. Instructors are happy to help you rig your boat. At least one instructor will be out on a chase boat in case you have any problems or need a little coaching out on the water.
When? Every Wednesday from 10am to 12pm
What should I bring? Life jacket, water shoes, and clothes that can get wet
Cost? FREE for all members! Registration/sign up is required.Before filling out the release form, please read these rules. You may want to print them. There is a link at the bottom of this page that will take you to the release form.
- Members using boats must have a voluntary release form on file. If under 18, the release form must be signed by a parent/guardian. Call 256-2618 to make arrangements to file this form and to review usage and storage of LYC equipment.
- Equipment not being used for racing or sailing school may be checked out. Equipment may be used at other times by calling the Yacht Club in advance during sailing school office hours and making specific arrangements.
- There are 12 butterflys and 4 FJ's available. Private lessons are available if you would like to learn. Do not take out equipment you are unskilled on.
- The powerboats are safety boats necessary for our sailing school and weekly races. These are not available for usage by our membership.
- Record your name, boat number, date and time of usage on the form posted on the bulletin board inside the clubhouse.
- Upon return, properly store equipment in annex and secure boat on rack.
- Equipment may not leave the LYC property overnight.
- You must provide your own lifejackets.
- We encourage members to sail, however, in order to keep equipment in good repair for other members as well as for our students, you are responsible for any damages you incur. Should you cause damage to the equipment, please call the club at 256-2618 and make arrangements for its repair.